Justice. Equality. Safety. We exist for the self-expression of everyone, and recent events have reinforced how important that is. We want to uplift the underrepresented and provide a space for the most vulnerable. We can’t celebrate Pride without thanking the Black Trans community for their role in both the LGBTQIA+ rights and Black Lives Matter movements. But acknowledgement isn’t enough. We want to tell you what we’re doing to protect and empower the whole LGBTQIA+ community on Depop – and why.
LGBTQIA Empowerment at Depop
Black. Trans. Brown. Queer. Whoever you are – Depop is a platform for you. Fashion is a tool for your self-expression, and we’re here to support that. We’re amplifying LGBTQIA+ voices on social media, through email and in-app. But that should be a given.
- Giving equity and opportunity to LGBTQIA+ sellers
- Collaborating with LGBTQIA+ creatives
- Celebrating the diverse LGBTQIA+ voices that push culture forward
- Having a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind
- Supporting organisations like The Trevor Project, The Audre Lorde Project, and the LGBTQ Freedom Fund
- Publish a list of LGBTQIA+ resources provided by our queer sellers
- Establish a dialogue with the LGBTQIA+ community to understand how we can support beyond Pride month
- Expand support for LGBTQIA+ organisations by facilitating fundraising opportunities
What you can do right now
Open the Explore page in-app. Start shopping. Support LGBTQIA+ owned businesses.
There’ll be more coming on the blog and social this week.